OT: Forum legalish question

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Fri Mar 3 21:20:01 EST 2006

Some of you on the list know about this, for those that don't here's a
quick lowdown.

I live in the Emerald Lake Village District in Hillsborough, NH. We have
our own seperate board of commissioners.

One of them is a real a-hole.

The unofficial webiste (www.emeraldlake.org) had a forum. The admin of
the site would edit and delete posts to help the commissioners.

I didn't like this so I started my own forum on www.elvd.org.

Well, I was using the uncopywritten logo on my site. After some back and
fourth with legal threats and such I decided to take it down and replace
it with a picture of a sign in the district (with the same logo on it).

After some back and fourth about that (it actually got them more mad, as
I thought. Probably because there was less they could do about it). I
removed it and replaced it with the current logo (inspired by the
russian flag). I also put up a pic of Joseph Stalin, I found it fitting
since the commissioner in question is named Joe.

I just found out that at tonights meeting (that I didn't attend because
I didn't want to be a target, but my wife attended), I found out that he
managed to get the other board members to approve a retainer to the
district lawyer to sue me and other board members for slander and libel.

I was just looking for opinion. I haven't gotten anything official from
him or his laywer yet. He's never even asked for any posts to be removed
or edited.

Thanks..

PS, the unoffical site admin said he has permissions to use the logo
from a previous board.