Used Laptops (was Re: METROCAST BLOCKS RESIDENTIAL E-MAIL)

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Thu Mar 9 20:49:01 EST 2006

John Abreau wrote:

> I've had good luck with eBay. I picked up an old Thinkpad there a few
> years back for about $180, and it still works well today.

I thought of ebay, but I've not used my ebay id in about 6 years, and
I'd rather not go that route.

I found a couple sites today that sell refurbished laptops and they even
offer warranties. Www.usanotebook.com looked like a pretty good place to
go online.

I think I'll do some looking around in the Salem (NH) area. I'll check
out Microseconds and PCMax.

It's funny, in a way. For $700 dollars you can get a brand new, low-end
notebook, or you can get a mid-range notebook that is one or two years
old that has better specs than the brand new one.

I'm definitely going the used route this time around, as it is not going
to be my primary computer system.

Cheers,
Jason