Firefox crashes on a bad .gif?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 08:45:00 EST 2006

On 3/16/06, Bruce Dawson <jbd at codemeta.com> wrote:
> Found it: http://icons.wunderground.com/graphics/360arrows-r-nogray.gif

  FWIW, that loads without crashing with Firefox 1.5.0.0 on WinXP (I'm
at work right now, where all the Linux I have is text-only).  I see a
bunch of triangles in a row, each at a different rotation angle.  It
looks like an animated GIF that got "unwound" somehow.

>> And then how to report it to Firefox?
>
> I can't seem to find out how to report it...

  Bugzilla is good.  There is also "Help -> Report Broken Web Site".
It's currently aimed at reporting sites that render or operate
incorrectly due to bad site design, but there is an "Other" option.  A
"Hangs/crashes Firefox" option would be useful as well, methinks.
Maybe I should open a Bugzilla ticket on that.  ;-)

-- Ben