DHCP and APC power strips

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Thu Mar 16 10:01:04 EST 2006

Does anyone have an ISC DHCP server config for handling APC power
strips?  The manual claims the DHCP server needs to hand out the "APC
Magic Cookie" in a Vendor Specific Information section.

They claim you need to set "option 43 = <long hex string>".

I remember that ISCs dhcpd v.2 had 'option <num> =' syntax, but v.3
seems to have changed by adding more indirection, and abstraction to
gain greater flexibily :-\

I'm hoping somehere here has a usable config I can borrow before I
curl up with manuals and man pages :)

Thanks.
--

Seeya,