Acceptance of OpenOffice.org

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Thu Mar 16 10:31:02 EST 2006

Python <python at venix.com> writes:

> I really did not mean to come across as saying Python is better than
> Perl.

Nor did I take it as such.  And I was merely observing that, though
the languages are both roughly the same age, Perl has significantly
more mind-share than Python.  I first heard about Python at about the
same time I first heard about Perl, actually within a few months of
each other, which was roughly 12 years ago.  So, despite their
different origins, they've both been "in the wild" for at least that
long.  Yet Python has *always* been "the next great language".

I'm not slighting Python here, merely making observations about it's
popularity.
--

Seeya,
Paul