Recommendations for C++ sourcecode analysis tools

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Wed Mar 22 13:42:00 EST 2006

On Wednesday, Mar 22nd 2006 at 10:37 -0500, quoth Michael ODonnell:

=>
=>I've joined an established project and I'm trying to come up to
=>speed with their (complex!) C++ code and could use some help
=>in divining how all the pieces fit together.  I'm doing all the
=>usual WWW searches but also wanted to get recommendations from
=>the GNHLUG; anybody know of good sourcecode analysis tools for C++
=>that run on Linux?  We already have ctags and Cscope and though
=>they're occasionally (accidentally) useful they're basically
=>not up to the task of grokking all the class hierarchies and such.

What was the name of the tool from Red Hat that did code inspections? It
was supposed to be the best of them all. It was commercial for a while and
then RH released it as open src. Anyone?

steveo at syslang.net