Comcast and mail header errors?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Thu Mar 23 10:20:00 EST 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 08:56:00AM -0500, Cole Tuininga wrote:
> That said, my suspicion would be that this setting only dictates what
> interface(s) that postfix *listens* on.  Not what interface(s) it sends
> mail *out* on.

Nope. When one IP that my machine exists on was blocked by AOL (some
moron had a broken webpage leaking spam), I modified this option, and
mail was no longer blocked.

The key in the previously-referenced documentation is "SMTP client". The
SMTP client is the client that sends mail, not the server that receives
it.

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer