Comcast and mail header errors?

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Thu Mar 23 11:23:01 EST 2006

Cole Tuininga wrote:
> Guys - unfortunately, I think you're barking up the wrong proverbial
> tree.  I think I understand this problem, but if my answer here is
> incorrect, I'm sure that somebody will say so.  8)
>
> The problem is that the application has no control which interface it
> uses when opening a socket to a remote system.  This is a function of
> the network stack within the kernel - not a system call.  Hence, this is
> not something that can be controlled at the application level.

Its not the application that doesn't have control over which interface
it uses - they do - see bind(2). Its the sysadmin that doesn't have
control over the application...

There doesn't appear to be a way to tell sendmail which interface to use
on outgoing connections. At least I haven't found it in the
documentation, and I haven't had time to figure out how to get the
sources from yum and fedoralegacy.

--Bruce