Windows dialog placement

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Mon Mar 27 16:41:02 EST 2006

On Mon, March 27, 2006 4:07 pm, Michael ODonnell wrote:

... deleted attempt to make this on-topic ;-)

> in the "middle" of the display which, of course, means that they span the
> gap between the two physical displays and are a P.I.T.A to read. Anybody
> know how to modify this behavior such that the Windows dialog widgets can
> be persuaded to pop somewhere else?

This is interesting -- usually 'doze puts a box up in the middle of the
*default* monitor; it sounds as if your video card is doing the
abstraction to make two displays look like one, instead of the OS.  Go
into your video card's settings, and see if it thinks your resolution is
something obscene in the Y axis (like, say, 3200).  If so, see if you
can't get it to think of the monitors as discrete entities, and then
choose one of them as the default monitor -- specifically, the one where
you want your popups to pop up.

Sorry to not be able to be more specific, but without a
similarly-configured system (with whatever your video card is, in it), I
can't get a good feel for what's going on.

-Ken