Pruning e-mail attachments.

Brian gnhlug at karas.net
Fri Mar 31 19:56:01 EST 2006

Congratulations on increasing the local population density just a bit in
favor of the smart people :)

As for the attachments, ISTR when I was mucking around with something mildly
related a few years back you could grep for something like "multipart
boundary" in the headers.  This identifies a random-ish string that
separates the text part of the message from the non-text (HTML and/or
attachments).  Not sure if you want to strip HTML as well, but I think if
you look around in that fashion you could write a quick and dirty attachment
stripper.  Just make sure to stuff a dollar it the g-string if it works...