Emacs-over-ssh?

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon May 1 21:51:01 EDT 2006

"James R. Van Zandt" <jrvz at comcast.net> writes:

> I agree screen is very useful.  I start long jobs that way, so I can
> reattach later (from a different machine, or after booting into a
> different OS).  One annoyance: when I use it with Emacs, I keep
> forgetting that screen takes over ^A.

So re-map it.  This *is* a UNIX app you know :)

screen, like everything else, has a dot file, .screenrc, in which you
can do things like:

 escape ^Ww

which makes my escape key in screen Ctl-w.  I actually use 2 different
escape keys, Ctrl-w and Ctrl-o for when I'm running screen within
screen.  Ctrl-o is for the "near" screen, and Ctrl-w is for the "far"
screen.

--
Seeya,
Paul