[NLC] Drip Dry Phone it is alive!

Bruce Labitt bruce.labitt at verizon.net
Fri May 5 19:44:00 EDT 2006

So after taking the phone apart, blowing the water out with compressed
air as much as possible, I put it in a jar filled with a desiccant.
After a few days the water droplets inside the display unit seemed to
dissappear.  The moment of truth had arrived.  I put the battery in the
phone and attached it to the charger.  To my amazement the display lit
up and showed a charging symbol.  I considered that a good omen.  Every
minute the phone would beep.  I looked that up in the manual, all that
meant was that the battery was flat...  After about 20 minutes on charge
(and 20 beeps) I turned on the phone and connected to my local carrier.
The phone set its time from the network.  So it was successfully brought
back from the dead.  Only minor issue is a blotching in the display - a
reminder of its washing.

I did not rinse out the phone with alcohol or distilled water.  Does
anyone think I should remove the battery and go for a better bath/clean
out of the crud - or should I leave well enough alone?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Bruce