Replacement for Yahoo Domains

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Fri May 12 11:14:01 EDT 2006

On Thursday, May 11th 2006 at 11:27 -0400, quoth Kent Johnson:

=>Hi,
=>
=>My domain kentsjohnson.com is currently hosted by Yahoo Small Business
=>Domains. They don't host the actual web site, they just register the domain
=>and maintain the DNS entry. Web site access and email are both redirected to
=>my ISP account which hosts the actual site and mail servers that I use. For
=>this service I pay $35 / year.
=>
=>When it works, this is fine. Unfortunately the email forwarding is unreliable.
=>Currently mail to kent at kentsjohnson.com is bouncing with a delivery failure
=>notice.
=>
=>Can anyone recommend an inexpensive, reliable replacement for this service? I
=>don't need or want to pay for site hosting, I just need the DNS registration
=>and forwarding.

Sounds like a lot of money to me. I use zoneedit.com. I pay them $10 about
once every 3 or 4 years. The service is free but the $10 is for them to
supply a secondary mx record. So at the end of 4 years I spend $10 and
you spend $720.

--
steveo at syslang dot net TMMP1 http://frambors.syslang.net/
Do you have neighbors who are not frambors?