NetLOCK error messages in syslog.

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Fri May 12 15:03:01 EDT 2006

On Friday, May 12th 2006 at 14:02 -0400, quoth Ben Scott:

=>On 5/12/06, Steven W. Orr <steveo at syslang.net> wrote:
=>> NetLOCK: total memory limit exceeded, using 3071900 bytes, request for 180
=>> bytes
=>>
=>>
=>> I seem to be getting a lot of these and I've never seen them before. Anyone
=>> know what they mean? Is it bad? Anyone?
=>
=> Obviously, something called "NetLOCK" tried to allocate more memory,
=>and failed.  That's usually not a good sign if you need the program
=>that's having trouble.
=>
=> You might want to check your total memory status.  Try the command
=>"free -m -t".
=>
=> A Google for "NetLock" appears to find lots of people using that
=>name for one thing or another.  A VPN client seems like a likely
=>canidate.  Are you using a VPN?
=>
=>-- Ben

Found it. Thanks. It was some IPSEC thing I was running.

--
steveo at syslang dot net TMMP1 http://frambors.syslang.net/
Do you have neighbors who are not frambors?