Linus with Live Free or Die plate (photo)

peter at dobratz.us peter at dobratz.us
Wed May 17 11:49:01 EDT 2006

> Isn't there some URL where you can look up whether or not an NH plate is
> available?

http://www.egov.nh.gov/platecheck/

The Mass plate check is here, but it apparently only gets updated
information on the first of each month:

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/vanity/index.htm

Rules in Mass are much more strict (must start with 2 letters, max 6
chars, numbers if any must be at the end)

NH seems to cater to the vanity plate crowd with allowing 7 characters and
the oddball use of the +, -, and & (+LINUX- anyone?, +LINUX+, -LINUX-, and
&LINUX& seem to be taken)

http://www.esclub.gr/games/wordox/7.html

Personally, had to go with a 7 letter word to maximize the space, so I
went for the more univeral "EXACTLY".  It's quite useful when you are
looking for your car in a parking garage and you finally find it.  Plus, I
was single when I registerd the car, so I didn't want to unfairly hurt my
chances.

--Peter