MythTV hw question

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon Nov 13 09:42:06 EST 2006

Dave Johnson <dave-gnhlug at davej.org> writes:

> This recent discussion prompted me to finish up this page today,
> something I've been meaning to finish for a few months.  It has just
> about everything for my MythTV frontend computer.
>
> http://centerclick.org/yukon/

Dave, this page looks to be quite informative. Thanks for posting it!

I noticed that in your list of requirements you had 'No Hard drive'.
So, how does the front end get the data from the back-end, and what
are you using to boot with?

Are you running a normal thin-client with an NFS root, and Myth also
uses NFS?  And if everything is over the net from the back end, are
you doing this with Fast-Ethernet, GigE, or is wirelessG sufficient?

Thanks.
--
Seeya,
Paul