Awesome...sun to release Java under GPL!

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Mon Nov 13 11:44:11 EST 2006

On Monday 13 November 2006 11:20 am, Thomas Charron wrote:
>   Finally!  Debian best get that bad boy in their repositories ASAP, before
> I do my next install that will require Java.  ;-)
>
>   Thomas

Debian makes it surprisingly easy to install Java already. Install the package
called java-package.  It includes a script that basically takes as input the
binary tarball that Sun has on their site and compiles it into a .deb package
that is easily installable onto your system.  Before now, this has been their
way of letting people make their own Sun java packages easily since they
couldn't distribute it.
-N