MythTV hw question

Scott Mellott scott at mellott.com
Mon Nov 13 16:46:41 EST 2006

DVI and HDMI both support the copy protection used by cable, satellite
and various upconverting DVD players (and I assume HD-DVD and BluRay DVD
players as well).   The copy protection scheme is called HDCP
(High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection).   It was developed by
Intel.  Love it or hate it, we have to live with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCP

Scott