Comcast Alternatives? Was Re: Why must Comcast's DNS suck?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 12:26:32 EST 2006

On 11/14/06, kenta <kenta at guster.net> wrote:
> That being said, does anyone have experiences with other residential high
> speed providers that are in the same price range as Comcast?

  At that price range, your options are always going to be fairly limited.

  The best results I've gotten, looking at the whole picture (price,
performance, reliability, customer service, etc.) are with local ISPs
doing fixed wireless.  The major advantage is that by eliminating a
dependency on local wired infrastructure, you also eliminate large
incompetent monopolies.  If I have a serious problem with the wireless
feed at work, I can drive to the ISP's office in the next town, and
beat the owner over the head with his radio.

-- Ben