FiOS/networking question

jsf jfreeman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 17:42:44 EST 2006

OK,

Update:

Plugged the FiOS into the WAN port on the D-Link.  Connected a LAN
cable from the D-Link to the
jack in the basement wall, turned off DHCP on the Linksys WiFi router
and turned on networking via DHCP on the laptops.

So, the WiFi network upstairs and the Vonage ATA is working.

The SuSE box downstairs (SuSE 9.1) is set up to use the DSL modem and
is statically set to the Speakeasy issued IP address.

I have to figure out WHAT settings to change in YAST so that when I
unplug the cable from the DSL router and plug it into the LAN side of
the D-Link that it's still able to pick up an IP address...

Any SuSE people here who can guide me?

J.