remote deployment from linux to windows

Christopher Chisholm christopher.chisholm at syamsoftware.com
Tue Nov 21 13:43:08 EST 2006

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for deploying windows software
from a linux system to a range of windows systems which would most
likely be on a windows domain with a standard domain account that would
have full install permissions.

The idea is that my company's software would be a standard .msi type of
package, and we could have a single linux system that says "okay, i want
the IP range 192.168.100.50 - 192.168.100.200 to install this".  The
theory is to have a cheap deployment tool.  I've been googling all day
but haven't found much about this subject.  Does anyone have any ideas
about this, even just some keywords or protocols I can search for more
information?

Thanks!

-chris