remote deployment from linux to windows

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 15:08:26 EST 2006

On 11/21/06, Christopher Chisholm <christopher.chisholm at syamsoftware.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for deploying windows software
> from a linux system to a range of windows systems which would most
> likely be on a windows domain with a standard domain account that would
> have full install permissions.

  Is the domain NTLM or Active Directory?

  If Active Directory, use Group Policy to deploy the software.  You
can still host the MSI on a Linux Samba server if that's needed for
whatever reason.

  If you're still stuck with with an NTLM domain... you could prolly
do it with a logon script, so long as the Windows account being logged
on to has the needed privileges on the local Windows machine.  This
would work for both a MS Windows NT Domain Controller as well as a
Samba Domain Controller.

  If you need help with either option, just post to let us know which
one, and I'll give what I can.  :)

-- Ben