Bruce Perens open letter to Novell

Greg Rundlett greg.rundlett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 23:38:31 EST 2006

On 11/27/06, thinkliberty <thinkliberty at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has everyone seen Bruce Perens open letter to Novell?
>
> 2234 people have already added their signatures. You can see it here:
>
> http://techp.org/petition/show/1

I just added my signature in support.

The possible benefits to this pathetic agreement by Novell and Microsoft are:
* Renewed interest and favor in the GPL3 (which leverages our legal
framework against software patents and Digital Restrictions
Management)
* Even greater (corporate) interest and support for Debian and other
fundamentally free software projects as corporate managers seek viable
alternatives to SUSE.  Ie. GNU/Linux distributions that do not have to
cover the expense of bribery payments and racketeering.
* Consolidation and unity within the GNU/Linux Free and Open Source
Software community