Meeting Report - Thr 16 Nov - VMware by Shawn O'Shea

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Tue Nov 28 13:14:35 EST 2006

On Nov 20, 2006, at 9:52 AM, Bill Sconce wrote:

> Now THIS is how to write up a meeting.    *wow*
>
> Thanks, Ben!
>
> -Bill  (and so say a lot of other GNHLUGers, no doubt)

Yup, great write-up, Ben. Just to add my two cents... I counted 26,
making it one of the top meetings of the year.

The thing I love about LUG meetings is that you'll always pick up
something new, whether presenting or listening or schmoozing in the
back of the room. As Shawn started his presentation, he tried
starting a terminal window in his freshly installed FC6 desktop, and
the option wasn't on the menu. "Didn't that used to be here?" he
asked. from the back of the room, Matt said:

yum install nautilus-terminal

Great pointer!

Shawn did a great job, as Ben indicated, and I got a lot out of the
presentation. The best tip of the night for me was the pointer that
VMWare can run a Vm from a previously-installed dual-boot
configuration. He pointed out the procedure:

http://news.u32.net/articles/2006/07/18/running-vmware-on-a-physical-
partition

Great tip!

Ted Roche