Reliable wireless?

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Thu Nov 30 12:06:11 EST 2006

>> Their application uses a client/server model and when they get
>> disconnected from their own LAN, they lose any data that they have
>> typed
>> into the application.
>
>  Fix the application.

I'm sure if he had that ability (either skill wise, or permission
from management) he would

>> I'd like to improve the reliability of their wireless connection.
>
>  I'm afraid "wireless" and "reliability" often do not go together.

It's possible to have a reasonably reliable wireless connection. He
also said improve what he has, not make it as good as a wired
connection.

Both with adjusting power levels, frequency channels, and antenna
types you can get some fairly solid wireless.