Traveling with a big file

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Thu Nov 30 13:31:07 EST 2006

On Nov 30, 2006, at 12:55 PM, Ben Scott wrote:

>  You can also use the "split" command to split files into chunks, and
> then use "cat" to put the pieces back together into one big file.  Or
> on 'doze, use "COPY PART1+PART2 BIGFILE" to concatenate.

Bearing in mind, of course, that the target file system may have
limitations on the size of the file that can be created. I'm pretty
sure FAT32 is limited to 4 Gb, likely the cause of the error message
when copying it onto the USB drive. I've heard of people successfully
reformatting their drive in other less-limited filesystems, but
haven't tried it myself.

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com