No subject

Sat Oct 14 20:46:50 EDT 2006

  ...After years of fussing about the pathetic, baffled language of students,
  I realized that it was not in their labored writings that bad language dwelt.
  THIS, this inane gabble, this was bad language.  Evil language.  Here was a
  man taking the public money for the work of his mind and darkening counsel
  by words without understanding.
     Words never fail.  We hear them, we read them;  they enter into the mind
  and become part of us for as long as we shall live.  He who speaks reason to
  his fellow men bestows it upon them.  Who mouths inanity disorders thought
  for all who listen.  There must be some minimum allowable dose of inanity
  beyond which the mind cannot remain reasonable.  Irrationality, like buried
  chemical waste, sooner or later must seep into all the tissues of thought.