No subject

Sat Oct 14 20:46:50 EDT 2006

-Mozilla
Login as root
apt-get install libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1
Download the latest Sun J2SE from java.sun.com
chmod +X j2re-1_4_1_03-linux-i586.bin
./j2re-1_4_1_03-linux-i586.bin
mkdir /usr/java
mv j2re1.4.1_03 /usr/java/
ln -s /usr/java/j2re1.4.1_3/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so

-Konqueror
Settings
Configure Konqueror
Konqueror Browser
Java Tab
Enable Java Globally
set path to java as /usr/java/j2re1.4.1_03/bin/java
apt-get install kdebase-crypto kdelibs3-crypto

This works well on my machine, and I am able to use most all java applets. I am running unstable.

JDF