TuxScreen phones

Rob Lembree rob at jumpshift.com
Wed Oct 4 15:43:00 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

	I hope that this is an "appropriate" use of the mailing list.  :-)

	This is a GNHLUG pre-Hosstraders alert!

	I've got 13 Lucent Shannon phones to sell (read: get out of the
basement).  This was a project done by Lucent at the turn of the
century (!) for Philips that never took off.  Lots and lots were made
then scrapped.

	Why is this interesting?  Check out http://www.tuxscreen.net/ .
It seems as though lots of the scrapped production made it into the
wide open world of open source, and Linux has been ported to it,
along with a bunch of cool applications.

	A few of the phones have minor mechanical problems:  three
of them have a loose connection on the rotating display that makes
the backlight dodgy.  Probably really easy to fix.  One has a RAM
connector that doesn't hold the DIMM in place (epoxy will fix).

	If you want one or more, let me know, or see me at Hosstraders.

	How much do I want for them?  I dunno.  Make an offer, in the
spirit of Hosstraders.

	Please note: I don't have a JTAG for them -- but the tuxscreen
website has some good detailed directions.