SANS training in NH

Chris Brenton cbrenton at chrisbrenton.org
Sat Oct 7 09:22:00 EDT 2006

Hey all,

After much advocating, I've finally convinced SANS to at least run a
small conference in NH. It will be in Portsmouth from 10/20-10/28. More
info can be found here:
http://www.sans.org/portsmouth06/

About 1/3 of the 502 track is hands-on labs, mostly using a slightly
modified version of BackTrack. The labs cover everything from
deciphering packets to hijacking sessions using (obviously) Linux based
tools. There's even a bit of Windows stuff thrown in for those
folks. ;-)

So if you are looking at picking up face time with some of the better
security tools available on Linux, this might be a good opportunity. One
disclaimer is that I will be teaching the class. Bill Stearns (of
ssh-keyinstall, fanout, modwall, etc. etc. fame) who is also a local
will be there helping out as well.

Hope to see you there!
Chris