ReiserFS creator arrested over missing woman

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Wed Oct 11 22:58:01 EDT 2006

   Not to make fun of a serious situation -- maybe it's just one too many
shots of Jägermeister tonight -- but I can't help but to comment:

 > True, and part of the due diligence that should be performed in selecting
 > commercial vendors is their stability and responsibility regarding support
 > plans and survival.  There are risks in that area, different risks in the
 > FOSS world.  Nothing is risk free.

   Well put lbm.  Ignoring forking or a project just "dying out" for any of
number of reasons, let's summarize: In free software, your key author may be
arrested for murder.  In commercial software, your company may go bankrupt or
be bought out.

   Hmm, which is more likely to happen. :-)

 Regards,
 .
 Randy

--
Fast fact: According to former Wall St. Journal editor and Ronny Reagan's
ass't secretary of the treasury, economist Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, the US