Spam and mailing lists

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Thu Oct 19 07:50:30 EDT 2006

On Thursday 19 October 2006 12:30 am, Ben Scott wrote:
>   In the meantime, is http://www.exim.org/ the best place to go to
> learn about Exim?

I've been quiet in this conversation so far, but I figured now is a good time
to pipe up my Exim support as well.  I've been a fan for some time and got
started since I'm also a Debian guy and at least at first, it's just what was
there.  As I've built bigger and bigger systems with more hooks into things
like spam filtering, virus filtering, virtual hosting, ldap databases, etc,
I've found that it interoperates very well with just about everything.  So to
summarize, I agree with all that's been said so far.

The one thing I can add about Exim is the answer to the question above.
Exim's online documentation is really awesome.  Browsing/searching the
documentation for the version you're using is really easy and includes a
healthy dose of explanatory writing as well as reference material for every
option/argument/keyword under the sun.

I've used qmail and been nothing but disappointed with its reliability and
configurability.  I've used Postfix and been happy with it so long as I'm not
using it in too complicated an environment. I've used sendmail and loathed
the entire configuration process more than I care to remember.  I've used
Exim and always been happy with it.
-N