RFC: VMWare talk for MerriLUG Nov meeting

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Sun Oct 22 17:38:25 EDT 2006

This past Wenesday, there was a very interesting talk on VirtualIron at the
Boston Linux/Unix Group:

http://www.virtualiron.com/

And they do have a free download that will work on a single "socket"
system -- meaning, CPU socket, even if it is dual core. I am impressed with
their plans for the hardware vurtualization support in the very near future.
VI also supports drivers that are aware of the HyperVisor and sees
significant performance improvements as a result.

What I am interested in is whether or not VMWare has any advantages over
VirtualIron or vice versa. If I get the chance I'll make it up to MerriLUG,
but of late I've been run ragged with attending these SIG meetings. :-)

On Sunday 22 October 2006 16:36, Tom Buskey uttered thusly: