Apache2 troubleshooting

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Wed Oct 25 08:53:24 EDT 2006

"Kjel Anderson" <kjel.anderson at gmail.com> writes:

> I found this in the logs as well. I don't know what it is about (other
> than php), but it is five minutes before apache restarted:
>
> [Mon Oct 23 17:01:40 2006] [notice] Apache/2.0.55 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.1.2
> configured -- resuming normal operations

I don't think this is telling you anything interesting other than
Apache is restarting.  There doesn't even seem to be anything specific
to PHP about this log message, other than the Apache line is telling
you what version of Apache it is (2.0.55), what platform it's running
on (Ubuntu), and that it has support for PHP/5.1.2 compiled in.

Incidently, this is exactly the same line you posted in the first
message.  So, all this is telling you is that Apache is restarting.  I
recommend increasing the apache log level to find out what's going on,
or, as someone else recommended, taking apache out of the picture and
running from the command line.

The other option is get PHP out of the picture ;)

--
Seeya,
Paul