Linux and fonts

Kevin D. Clark kclark at elbrysnetworks.com
Mon Oct 30 14:15:11 EST 2006

aluminumsulfate writes:

>    Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:24:00 -0500
>    From: "Ben Scott"
>
>    > And don't get me started on things like Firefox, which come with a
>    > completely brain-dead default configuration, and almost no way to
>    > easily change that behavior.
>
>      Of course, another problem is that what you or I regard as
>    "completely brain-dead" someone else might think is "the only
>    reasonable choice".
>
> Thinking that something is "the only reasonable choice" is a dead
> giveaway that you *haven't* thought of everything, and therefore
> *should* leave room for different choices.

I don't view Firefox's default configuration as being the only
reasonable choice but rather *a* reasonable choice.

I don't view Firefox's defaults as completely brain-dead either.  I
would be *fascinated* to hear about what is *completely brain-dead*
and *almost impossible to change* about Firefox's defaults.

Kind regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E              Never could stand that dog.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                   -- Tom Waits