web site change monitoring tool recommendations?

Kevin D. Clark kclark at elbrysnetworks.com
Wed Sep 13 10:34:00 EDT 2006

I am looking for a web site monitoring tool for
${extended_family_member}, who is just looking for something to help
monitor $N company websites for new job listings.

${extended_family_member} isn't a hard-core computer person.  Services
that are free/cheap/easy-to-use are best.  ${extended_family_member}
is a Mac user, BTW.

In case this isn't obvious, I am looking for something that
${extended_family_member} can maintain on their own, rather than me
having to work at it all the time.

So far, I have found these:

   http://watchthatpage.com/
   http://changedetection.com/
   http://www.changenotes.com/
   http://trackengine.com/

I'd heard of the first service before, but I hadn't heard of the rest
before I started looking.

WatchThatPage seems to fit the bill, but I notice right away that
their ISP is listed on the SORBS list.  I don't know if this will be a
problem or not  (there is apparently another way to get the data).

My question:  are there any other services that I should be
considering, or are there any downsides/caveats with these four sites
(aside from what is detailed on each of these sites) that I should
know about?

Thanks for any advice,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit