web site change monitoring tool recommendations?

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Wed Sep 13 15:37:01 EDT 2006

On 9/13/06, Larry Cook <lcook at sybase.com> wrote:
> Kevin D. Clark wrote:
> > If at all possible, I'd prefer not to
> > provide a solution that involves looking at diff output.  While I
> > would have no problem with this myself, my non-geek
> > ${extended_family_member} probably will find this to be confusing.
>
> If anyone has suggestions for diff'ing HTML files that would be pleasing
> and understandable to a non-geek, please let me know.  Thanks!

Quick & dirty:

Reduce the files to plain old text
lynx -dump http://......... > file1
lynx -dump http://......... > file2

tkdiff file1 file2

Subsititute any other visual differ that does side by side
comparision.  xemacs has a nice one that works in text mode.

lynx, Tcl/TK, tkdiff should be possible on MacOSX.
They are also available for Cygwin.