Tapes and close to a quarter-century.

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Tue Sep 19 09:24:00 EDT 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 15:15, Kevin D. Clark uttered thusly:
> bmcculley writes:
> > btw if anyone has any 8" floppy disks they might be in need of
> > replacement media for their old Foxboro controllers, they were
> > having intermittent boot problems while I was there
>
> It is possible to find 8" disks out in the wild.  New, and still in
> the shrink wrap even.  I found some at a yard sale a while ago.
>
> Of course, I'm somewhat picky about the type of floppy disks that I
> collect.
>
> Regards,
>
> --kevin

My 8" floppy drives died a looooong time ago, and I gave it up when I started
getting puzzled looks from the original manufacturer (I believe it was
Micropolis). This was back around 1985.

If you *still* have working 8" drives, my hat is off to ya.

I have lost much cool stuff, as I grew disinterested in keeping media around
that I could no longer read. wah!

-Fred