Tuning FULLTEXT performance (was Re: Memory upgrade and swap partition size)

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Wed Sep 27 20:39:01 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 09:36, Ben Scott uttered thusly:
> On 9/27/06, Fred <puissante at lrc.puissante.com> wrote:
> > MyISAM tables stinks when it comes to heavy updates, though
> > are wicked fast on the queries.
>
>   There's a pretty direct cause-and-effect relationship there.
>
>   You might want to look into more advanced database software.
>
> -- Ben

Most of the tables are InnoDB tables; only table that is MyISAM is really the
one I need to use FullText with.

However, it may be the case where I could use a more generalized search
system and tie that in to the rest of the system. There are two search open
source search engines that I know of; I should consider them.

-Fred