IPv6 and IPv4 - how to shut off IPv6?

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon Apr 2 10:19:32 EDT 2007

"David A. Long" <dave at jumpshift.com> writes:

> On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 20:06 -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:
>
>> The 'search localdomain' doesn't look right to me.  What is acting as
>> your DHCP server?
>
> I think that's just the default domainname you get.  The firewall should
> be handling the name service (he said it had two IPs for that).

Strange.  I run dhclient on my system, and it gets the DNS info my
router grabs from Comcast and populates /etc/resolv.conf for me, no
localdomain cruft.

Though I note he has since found a kink in the cable, I can't help but
think is DNS config is not optimal, and think the culprit is likely a
misconfigured router/firewall box.
--
Seeya,
Paul