Dowloading of podcasts etc. - anyone have a HOWTO?

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Tue Apr 3 19:52:23 EDT 2007

I use streamripper with a cron script to record Dr. Dean Edell from
the KGO website..

Below the script, then I use dircaster (http://www.dircaster.org/) to
create the rss feed.

#!/bin/bash

## Remove old audio
rm -rf /home/travis/public_html/radio//Dr_Dean_Edell/KGO\ Newstalk\
810\,\ san\ Francisco/incomplete/*.mp3

## Start recording stream
/usr/bin/streamripper http://abcrad.ic.llnwd.net/stream/
abcrad_kgo_kgo -d /home/travis/public_html/radio/Dr_Dean_Edell/ &

## wait 55 Minutes
sleep 55m

## Kill stream
kill $!

## Rename and move file
mv /home/travis/public_html/radio/Dr_Dean_Edell/KGO\ Newstalk\ 810\,\
san\ Francisco//incomplete/\ -\ .mp3 /home/travis/public_html/radio
/Dr_Dean_Edell/$(date +%Y-%m-%d)_-_Dr_Dean_Edell.mp3

## Remove old tag
/usr/bin/id3 -d /home/travis/public_html/radio/Dr_Dean_Edell/$(date +%
Y-%m-%d)_-_Dr_Dean_Edell.mp3

## Add new tag
/usr/bin/id3 -a "KGO" -A "Dr Dean Edell" -t "$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" /home/