[OT] Home audio gear (was: SPDIF support)

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 21:53:25 EDT 2007

  I'm posting in this thread mainly to force a subject line change.
Hint, hint.  ;-)

On 4/7/07, Thomas Charron <twaffle at gmail.com> wrote:
>   cant recall who quoted it earlier, but someone had mentioned Bose..
> Why would Bose qualify as crap-level.  lol

  In my admittedly very limited experience, Bose's stuff seems to be
good quality consumer level gear, but is rather over-priced for what
it is.  I suspect a lot of the people who dislike Boss's stuff do so
not because it's total crap, but because you can get much better gear
for the same price.  You pay a *lot* for the Bose name.

  Several years ago, I received a Bose "Wave Radio/CD" as a gift, and
it does sound very good, for a clock/radio.  But it costs around $500.
 You can buy a fairly nice entry-level consumer stereo amp for that
price, or you can buy a Bose clock/radio.

--
DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed in the above are the personal opinions of the
author, and do not necessarily represent the views or policy of GNHLUG, the