SPDIF support

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Sun Apr 8 12:18:07 EDT 2007

On Apr 7, 2007, at 18:27, Thomas Charron wrote:

> Why would Bose qualify as crap-level.  lol

Here's one opinion to peruse:

   http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

I've also heard stories about a quiet-fascist regime at their
offices.  Like if you sneeze too loudly you get written up or
something.  I have no idea how true it is, but it's an oft-repeated
yarn.  It's supposedly effective as a marketing meme to suggest that
they take their engineering really seriously, so their engineers can
make you better speakers if they're not worrying about the background
noise of a coffee pot ruining their work (like the normal workplaces
of their competition, presumably).  This may be mildly plausible to
folks who have never done any audio engineering or heard their
heartbeat in an anechoic chamber.  I dread thinking about the type of
person who thinks their personal benefit from such practices would be
a good thing, but apparently it's effective.

-Bill

-----
New Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/