Experiences with TheKompany's Data Architect?

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Sun Apr 8 21:37:45 EDT 2007

I've posted a couple times to the group about my search for the ultimate
data design tool. I came across "Data Architect" from TheKompany and it
looks very promising. There is a very positive review on the site, some
impressive screenshots and even a try-before-you-buy demo I've tried out
that installed easily and reverse engineered a PostgreSQL database on
Linux via ODBC gracefully. The price is only $85,  which is well below
the typical three and four-digit price tag of tools in this category.

The only downside I've seen so far is that Data Architect doesn't yet
have the ability to generate change scripts, a pretty high-priority
need: reverse-engineer an existing database, move things around, add and
drop, then generate a script to change the existing database (and
perhaps the 1300 copies you have out in the field). That's on their "to
do" list. RSN, I hope.

So, anyone worked with TheKompany before? They've gotten good write-ups
going back to 2000 [1] and they seem to be giving back a lot to the
community while trying to run a business, too.

Any specific experience with Data Architect?

[1] http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/2362/1

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC