I have no words to describe this...

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Tue Apr 10 11:12:55 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 09:02:03PM -0500, Dan Jenkins wrote:
> mike miller wrote:
>
> >It may not be rap, but geek songs have been around for quite a while
> >and not limited to one coast.  The one that I remember best from
> >sometime in the '80s, don't know which coast, is "On the Xerox Line."
>
> I've always been partial to "The Eternal Flame" written by Bob Kanefsky,
> sung by Julia Ecklar (lyrics at
> http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/eternal-flame.html). MP3 at
> http://infogroep.be/GodWroteInLisp. She has a good voice, which most
> rappers don't in my limited experience. :-)

"Code Monkey" here is amusing:

   http://www.jonathancoulton.com/songs

as is "Flickr" and possibly others.

Found in a link from an article about the MAC/PC/Linux ad spoofs here:

   http://reverendted.wordpress.com/2007/03/19/mac-vs-pc-how-would-linux-fit/

after seeing them on the novell site:

   http://www.novell.com/

(move your mouse over the picture, click on it)

where I went after seeing a pointer in email.

end of backtrace.

-mm-