NCShows, Rockingham Park, Saturday, April 14th

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Wed Apr 11 16:28:03 EDT 2007

On 4/11/07, Neil Joseph Schelly <neil at jenandneil.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 April 2007 15:14, Ted Roche wrote:
> > Anyone planning on going to the computer show this Saturday at
> > Rockingham Park? It's $6 admission, but there's a $1 coupon on their web
> > site at http://www.ncshows.com.
> >
> > Anyone been to the show before? Worth going? Good stuff cheap? Pointers?
>

> I haven't been to shows like that for probably a decade.  I remember back
> then
> the big problems were counterfeit processors and software of questionably
> authenticity, but it was still a great place to get deals on everything.
> This was before you could buy all this stuff much more easily on the web
> though.  Presumably, they cut prices even more to make it worthwhile these
> days?  I'm curious what others who've been to a modern one think.
> -N

I bought a used Macintosh G4 this summer at one.  I think I got a very good
deal compared to the used places on the web.

There are *far* fewer vendors then in the past.  As you say, it's cheaper to
buy new stuff on the web.

If you're into older stuff, it's there but you need to pick through.  I've
had better luck at Valente (sp?) Electronics in Wlimington, MA near where I
am.