mythtv continued...

Bruce Labitt bruce.labitt at verizon.net
Sun Apr 15 14:05:14 EDT 2007

OK, so I can now see my tuners.  And TV.  Thanks Ben and Jarod!  Couple
of loose ends to tie up.

The first is sound.  A couple of days ago I played with sound and was
able to get the SPDIF output to play through my receiver.  Just now I
tried to get sound from myth, but I have silence :(  If I try to run the
sound utility now, I get no sound.  (myth is recording a session!)  At
boot time I notice that ALSA has a problem - probably my hardware?  What
should I look for?

The second is the remote.  I have a streamzap and was able to find the
lirc.conf file for it.  I don't know how, or where to place the file so
that lirc can find it.  The lirc pages assume you build it yourself.
They say it will ask you for these extra files when it is run the first
time.  When I downloaded lirc from the yum repository and run it it
doesn't ask for the configuration file.  Any help would be appreciated!