Pentium 805D has an interesting surprise

Shawn K. O'Shea shawn at eth0.net
Wed Apr 25 12:53:06 EDT 2007

> I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about this? If the cpu really
> supports hyperthreading then I might want to invest in a new mobo for that
> box.

This got me curiously googling around and I found this in an Intel doc
on the Linux kernel:

""ht" in 'flags' field of /proc/cpuinfo indicate that the processor
supports the Machine Specific
Registers to report back HT or multi-core capability. Additional
fields (listed down below) in the
CPU records of /proc/cpuinfo will give more precise information about
the CPU topology as seen
by the operating system. "

http://oss.intel.com/pdf/mclinux.pdf

-Shawn