Pentium 805D has an interesting surprise

bmcculley at rcn.com bmcculley at rcn.com
Wed Apr 25 15:19:48 EDT 2007

Actually it looks like the newer Xeons (dual and quad cores) don't support HT.

I googled and found this comment:
"Hyperthreading is only on the NetBurst based 50xx Xeons - the Core2 based 51xx Xeons do not support hyperthreading"

The same is apparently true of the 5300 quad-core Xeon.  So much for my hope that the new 3GHz eight-core MacPro would hyperthread to give 16 virtual CPUs :-(

Guess we're both sol.

-brucem