As a world traveler this would be my greatest nightmare....

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Wed Aug 15 20:28:03 EDT 2007

>   They got lazy tho, if they'd used XP Embedded proper (it's just XP
> Professional with modules removed), then they'd have removed Winlogon,
> boot screen, etc.

Interestingly enough I was driving down RT. 101 in Silicon Valley the
other day and went past one of those gigantic signs with its scene
painted in little colored lights.  Well, the system behind the "scene"
had crashed, and sure enough the boot session was the only thing showing
on that 75 foot by 50 foot sign.....and it was Windows.

Too bad traffic was heavy that day and I was late for my appointment.  A
picture of that would have been priceless.

md